Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Hanging it up...

I am not sure how many times I have had to tell myself it is better to be kind than to be right in the last 9 months. My character has been challenged to its roots and I have seen some very ugly sides of people, people that I believed I knew well. I have been proven wrong and been smacked in the face with the unfortunate realization it is better to expect nothing, than to expect anything at all.
Although disappointed and exhausted, I have hung up the heavy coat of expectations, anger and resentment. I no longer have any expectations, I am no longer angry and I no longer resent. As comforting as it would be to keep wearing that coat, I am finding that it no longer fits me and my back hurts from the heaviness. I have grown out of its comfort. The comfort of staying angry at someone and only remembering the moments which took me to the point of no return. I can no longer carry the weight it has placed on my back, I realize it is only weighing me down, and the people that have given me the love and faith I have needed are being dragged down right along with me. Undeserving of it to say the least.
There is no need to be vengeful or for ill wishes. None of us are born to teach others lessons by force. Life will do it for us and we can only hope someone's fall will not be as hard as our own. Even if they were the cause of ours. It is still better to be kind than to be right, and to stop drinking that poison of resentment hoping your enemy, instead of you, will get sick from it. It is still wiser to know what people do to you is their karma and how you react is yours. Finally, it is better to be naked than to be clothed by the people you allow to anger, disappoint and hurt you.
Clothe yourself, shift your focus on the love that has kept you and wish life will be kind to those that have not been so kind to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment